Lemon Teriyaki Salmon
If you're not a fan of salmon, try this recipe and get back to me. My mother absolutely dislikes salmon, but she became a lover after trying mine! The key to great salmon is, freshness, flavor & not overcooking. I am not a food guru, but I am here to share my home cooking with you, to the best of my ability. I hope you enjoy!
Prep: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
- Fresh Salmon (amount you prefer)
- Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce (There is a gluten-free option)
- Brown Sugar or Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1-2 Lemons
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Pepper
- Jasmine Mahatma Rice
- Vegetable (of your choice)
1. Using a glass baking dish, (depending how much salmon you're cooking) line with tin foil & drizzle with a little olive oil, I use a 13 x 9.
2. Rinse your salmon and place in the dish.
3. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
4. Squeeze 1/2 - 1 lemon across the salmon.
5. Pour ½-3/4 cup of the marinade across the salmon.
6. Slice thin slabs of butter and place on the fish (going for a healthier option, you can skip this).
7. Slice up another lemon and place across the fish on top of your butter.
8. Sprinkle with lemon pepper & 1-2 Tbsp brown sugar (also optional).
9. Bake for 20-30 minutes at 370 degrees. Depending on the size of the fish, until it is cooked through. Check on it after 20 minutes, you do not want to over cook it. Keep in mind it continues to cook a bit when you take it out of the oven, if it is not removed from the dish immediately. Some people prefer their salmon more well done, some prefer it rare. It is your choice!
11. Make sure to take the skin off the bottom before serving.
I serve my salmon with Jasmine Mahatma rice (follow directions on the bag) and any vegetable I'm feeling into that day. Normally I choose my , with this dish. You can find that recipe in my prior blog.